Saturday, June 22, 2013

Mystery Quilt - Arranging the Blocks

For several months, the Broome County Night Guild has offered it's members the opportunity to participate in a mystery quilt designed by member, Candy Beardsley.  During this month's meeting a couple of nights ago, we were given the final clue.

Now we have all the information we need to finish the center of the quilt top and apply the inner border. When I bought my new (1st ever) design wall two days ago, I hadn't thought about how handy it would be when working on the final instructions for this mystery quilt top.  I can't believe I've functioned this long without a design wall!!

Update: 11/12/2014....per a request from the designer, I must remove the photo of the constructed blocks on my design wall.  So there will no longer be a photo below.

 How we choose to completely finish it is up to us individually.  We can leave it at this point, with a narrow border added and it will be a perfect lap size...or add additional border/blocks, etc.  I'm debating about possibly adding borders to make it a little bigger.  I've got time to think about it since we won't be asked to bring them to the guild meeting for a few months to show off. :)

I'm really happy with the big reveal!  I had no idea it would turn out so pretty.  Candy did a GREAT job designing!!!!  She named this design "TIED TO A STAR".

One last thing....if you happen to be participating in the Aiming For Accuracy Quilt-Along and don't already have the first set of cutting instructions....here is the link to learn what you need to do next.



Keep sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment