Sunday, June 9, 2013

Rare Inspiration

Imagine my surprise when I received word that a photo I had shared of fabric used for the back of one of my quilts had inspired the design of a new long arm quilting pantograph!

One of my on-line long-arm quilting mentors is Patricia Ritter who not only designs pantographs but is the owner of  Urban Elementz.  If you haven't checked out this online store....you really need to do so.

She shared that since the fabric I used had inspired the new design, I will be receiving the new pantograph in the mail, completely free, once it arrives back from the printer in about one week.  At that time, it will be available for purchase by the public.  I will let everyone know when it is available.

But for now...here is the preliminary design....copyright 2013 Patricia E. Ritter


And this is the photo that inspired the quilting pantograph design....


I'm so excited to receive the new pantograph and will be excited to find just the right quilt to use the new design on....too bad my blue star quilt is finished.  Maybe I'll have to see if I can purchase more of this backing fabric and make another quilt! LOL



In the meantime, I did get the binding strips cut, sewed together and pressed in order to bind this blue quilt last night.  Now I just need to machine sew the binding to the top and then I'll have my night-time hand sewing project to keep me busy this coming week.  Once the binding is finished....it will be ready to use on the bed. :)  Oops....that reminds me....I need to make a label and sew it in the back corner when I attach the binding by machine.

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Theresa!

    I'm Claire, and I'm an intern for FaveQuilts.com. You may be familiar with some of our sister sites, FaveCrafts and AllFreeSewing. I'm contacting you because I would love to feature some of your quilting tutorials on FaveQuilts.com!

    Each review includes a short description of the project, a byline that credits you, a link to the tutorial on your blog, and a photo of the finished project. We also feature links to projects and accompanying pictures in our free weekly e-mail newsletter. Please let us know if we have permission to feature your projects and photos on FaveQuilts.com and in newsletters. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Thanks,

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! I have just recently posted a new tutorial that I would be happy to give permission to FaveQuilts.com to feature on your site, newsletters, etc. This new tutorial can be found at:

      http://quiltandsewforever.blogspot.com/2013/06/tutorial-scrappy-patriotic-flag-block.html

      Thanks, Theresa

      Delete