Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bordered Periwinkle and a Tshirt Quilt Finished

Another totally finished project!  I'm on a roll! :)  I shared a photo of the blocks in an earlier post, prior to assembly and adding borders, quilting, binding, etc.

The pattern/design is called Bordered Periwinkle by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company.  The fabrics used was a Moda Layer Cake called Whitewashed Cottage. A silver gray solid was used in the blocks and as an inner border. The yellow outer border is from Moda's Whitewashed Cottage collection as well.

I made this after watching the video tutorial:  HERE

As far as quilting goes, a pantograph from Urban Elementz called Kashmir seemed to be a perfect choice.  I'm not sure that it is still available as it was a retired pattern when I purchased it.

Close up of the front:

The backing fabric is a 108" wide from the same Moda Whitewashed Cottage collection.

Close up of the back:

While the above quilt was on the frame, I was also in the process of making a T-Shirt quilt for a local young woman graduating from college.  As soon as the quilting was finished for the above quilt, I had this quilt ready to put on the frame.

All of this young woman's collection of T-shirts revolved around her years as a competitive diver/swimmer for her school team.  Taking that into consideration, I chose to use a pantograph called Fern Gully from Urban Elementz.  I hoped that the design would give a feeling of water and in my opinion it worked. :)

Close up while on the quilt frame....

Close up of back....

The quilt was finished and delivered just in time to be displayed during her graduation party!

There are quite a few other projects in the works right now and I hope to start sharing them with you in the next few days.

Keep sewing!   Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete