Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Heartland Crossing Project

So, you may recall me mentioning in a past post that I'm participating in a 6-month quilting/history club called "Prairie Women's Sewing Circle".  The November project was a wall-hanging called Heartland Crossing using the log cabin blocks constructed from 1 1/4" strips of prairie/civil war reproduction fabrics.

I got off to a slow start due to the fact it is Christmas and I have so many gifts needing made....plus the fact I'm participating in the mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter.

I've just recently finished the 16 (8") blocks needed and I still need to make a flying geese border in order to complete the project per instructions....


Aren't the blocks lovely?  I couldn't be happier with the fabric colors and designs.  I've always loved the look of a log cabin quilt.  Here's my dilemma...I love it so much that I can't decide if I want to finish it per instructions or continue making blocks with the hopes of constructing a bed size quilt over time.  I truly am thrilled with the "scrappiness" of the fabrics.  What to do....what to do.... :) :) :)

I think for now I'm going to set it aside and think about it while I start the December pioneer project....and work on the mystery quilt....and finish up Christmas gifts....and continue making blocks for my Tennessee Waltz quilt that I'm doing as my "leaders and enders". LOLOLOL


This picture is proof of my chaotic method of sewing (don't worry...I'm actually happiest in the midst of my chaos).  To the left and under the sewing needle are sections for the mystery quilt.  Immediately to the right of the sewing machine are the log cabin blocks in the middle of construction and on the far right of the table are pieces for my Tennessee Waltz quilt that I use as leaders and enders.  Of course, peeking out in the right hand corner are Christmas presents that I'm stacking as I wrap them.  (NO...I've not been able to get my dear hubby to pull the tree out of the shed and assemble it for me yet.)

Gotta go do some laundry so I can get back to sewing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment