Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks

I needed another project like I need a hole in my head....but then again....what's one more project...right???

A handful of my online quilting buddies decided to get a new quilt book and work on it together.  It's called Tula Pink's City Sampler:  100 Modern Quilt Blocks.

Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks

Why did I agree?  Well...first off...there is NO TIME LIMIT....we just work at our own pace whenever we feel like it.  Secondly, this book of modern blocks are only 6 1/2" square and the project is a great scrap buster for all those teeny, tiny little strips of fabric that I just can't make myself throw away.  Last, but not least....I'm trying to become better acquainted with the "modern" quilt designs.  I hope I'm never too old to learn new things.

The handful of quilters doing this simply posts photos of completed blocks as we finish them....no rush....no pressure....yet plenty of ooohs and aauuhhs from other crazy, multi-project master quilters. LOLOL

On a personal level, I've found it very relaxing and fun to pull out my box of little scraps at the end of the day....when I'm tired of working on a major project....and before I climb into bed to sit and hand sew as I watch that last show before calling it a night.  I only allow myself to make one block a night...no matter how much fun I'm having....this approach keeps it fresh and new and I don't get tired of it. :)  From start to finish, I can have one little block cut, pieced and pressed in about 15 - 20 minutes.

Here are the first 5 blocks finished.  The blocks and instructions are simple, great for scraps and leaves plenty of room to use your imagination as you play.  I certainly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of getting it.






More later!  Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment