First, I measured all the panels and then played around with my EQ7 software.
You can see the darker colored sections where the panels would fit. The tiny squares are in 1" increments. The lighter colored block spaces were designed to be common block sizes (2 1/2", 4 1/2", 8 1/2", 12 1/2" unfinished). Next I shopped once more in my stash of fabrics and found an old beige/brown fabric with wolves, bears and deer. Then I found a larger piece of the darker green (green is his favorite color).
All I did was play around and make different blocks to fill in the spaces. Then using a solid chocolate brown Kona cotton, I framed the blocks, filled in any other gaps, made the inner border and used it to bind the quilt at the end.
My design wall as I made new blocks and filled in the puzzle pieces....
I used a mottled tan for the backing fabric and the quilting design was Urban Elementz Squibbles - Grande
I thought this looked close enough to a camo design to suit the quilt well. :)
All in all, Greg was thrilled with his quilt, which in turn made me very happy.
Until next time!