Monday, September 22, 2014

Dad's Latest Creation is Now Quilted


This weekend was spent quilting the latest quilt top made by my Dad.  All it needs now is binding.

Closeup....

The quilting pantograph design I used is called Renaissance by my friend Denise Schillinger for Urban Elementz.

A quick look at the back of the quilt.....


Yes, I'm guilty for taking frugality to the extreme.....once I had quilted the majority of the 60" x 70" quilt, I saw I had enough batting and backing fabric to add a table runner.  Then I measured the usable space left and quickly pieced together a cute little 20" square wall hanging/table topper last night using fabrics in my scrap box to fill in the last bit of space. :)

The longer table runner is one I made awhile back and put on my Free Patterns page called Simply Classic . 


The 20" square wall hanging/table topper is just a Sister's Choice Block made using 4 1/2" unfinished squares and triangles.

On a completely different subject, a few days ago I made a few more Bowl Potholders for friends.  The Halloween version needs to be put in a mailing envelope and sent to a special friend of mine.  I know she used to always enjoy decorating her home for Halloween but this year has been a tough year for her and I'm not sure she really has time to do much decorating.  Hopefully, she can use this little gift during the month of October and still get a little taste of Halloween.....and just maybe it will put a smile on her face. :)


Speaking of bowls....I decided to make a huge pot of Veggie Soup today......yummmmmy....couldn't be more perfect on a chilly, dreary New York day.


How was your weekend?  Did you spend it sewing?  Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment