Monday, February 9, 2015

Snow, Snow and More Snow


To say I'm tired of snow doesn't even begin to explain just how 'over it' I truly am of this cold, white stuff!  This photo was taken a week ago and we've had more snow every day since.

I've been keeping myself busy with odds and ends.

First, the quilt for my uncle is not only finished but is already in his hands in Tennessee.

The label on back......

Next, one night I decided to pull out four orphan blocks (6 1/2") left over from a past project. It was fun using them to make a couple of chicken pin cushions for my boss and co-worker.

I just followed the instructional video on YouTube made by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company to make them.

Another small project I'm working on......

My friend Maryanne gave me a packet of 20 squares consisting of five different bird themed fabrics.  The fabric is precious and I didn't want to chop up the squares any smaller for fear of losing the pretty birds.  After some playing around, this is what I came up with and will share the directions with you soon.  I need to figure out how best to finish it, then will post a tutorial.

What's been keeping you busy lately?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. I especially like the bird quilt top. Looking forward to your tutorial. We have all that white stuff too. Husband just had to chop an accumulation of ice off the roof in a couple spots. Not a fun thing for a 70 year old man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I will get the tutorial posted soon just for you! Thanks so much! I hope you and your husband stay safe.....climbing on a roof to remove ice isn't safe for anyone of any age!

      Delete