Monday, August 21, 2017

Block Two I Wish You A Merry Quilt-A-Long

Did any of you decide to jump into the Facebook Christmas themed quilt-a-long mentioned in a previous post?  It's still not too late if you want to have some fun.  The Facebook group is called I Wish You a Merry Quilt-A-Long.

I learned that a new block is released every two weeks which gives you plenty of time to make it (and catch up).

Unlike the first block which was applique, the second block is totally pieced.  It is called Tree Farm.  The designer gives several ways to make it and her tutorial is awesome!  I actually decided to make it using my Accuquilt Go and the 3 1/2" Triangle in a Square die to make the tree sections of my block.
You can find the pattern and tutorial HERE.

And if you happen to be reading my blog through an email message, the web address is:
https://www.jandabendquilts.com/home/i-wish-you-a-merry-qal-block-2-christmas-tree-farm

Here is my finished block 2....


This is a very fun block to piece together!

Here are first two blocks together.


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment