Monday, September 4, 2017

Moving the Longarm

If you've been following my blog, you will recall that my longarm has occupied my front living room for as long as I've owned it (five or so years now).  Changes in our household made it necessary to find another spot for it.

The only other space big enough was our downstairs.  Our daughter Amanda had been using our downstairs as her apartment for a year or so but moved out into her own home a few months ago.

Top priority was to put in flooring.  Dear hubby had a big job to do.  I forgot to snap pictures before he started.  In the photo below he is almost finished.

Left end finished.....where longarm will go.....

Opposite end where machines, cutting table, etc. will be placed once odd furniture pieces are removed.

Breaking down the longarm to move downstairs....

In place along with a couple new book shelves for supplies....

Placing items from upstairs sewing rooms into one big room.  There is still so much more to move downstairs.  I'm already running out of space.  Do quilters ever really have room enough for everything?  Haha

I'm so excited to have an upstairs living room once again!

All of the shifting of rooms is the reason I'm still unable to quilt yet, dear hubby needs to level the frame. Also moving the longarm machine must have messed up the timing so he has to reset the timing as well.  I'm just thankful he CAN do everything.

Until next time!

2 comments: