Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Pumpkin Progress

Today was a good day.  I got to spend time downstairs in my sewing space. Having a house full of people and all the work that it requires to clean the house and keep them fed has drastically limited the time I get to spend sewing.

My dear hubby finally found the time to level my longarm frame and reset the timing on the machine itself.

Today was devoted to the pumpkin wall hanging.  I loaded the backing fabric, found a scrap piece of batting the perfect width, basted the pumpkin quilt top and got ready to start quilting.

I really wanted to find a pantograph with vines and leaves, but the ones I own are rather large scaled designs. I thought this small scaled project needed a smaller quilting pattern.  I looked through my choices and found this design called "Stacked Snails" from urbanelementz.com  


Honestly I'm not thrilled with my choice. The design itself is fine and will look great on other quilts I'm sure but for this one, it's just okay.

Another view...

Oh well, the important part is that it is now quilted. Haha. I surprised myself by getting the binding made and machine sewn to the front, along with a hanging sleeve. I will share a photo of the finished project when it is all done and hopefully hung in my living room.

All that's left is to hand sew the binding and sleeve down on the back.  I plan to do the hand sewing in the evening hours while I watch tv.

I hope all of you were able to get some sewing time in today!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment