Thursday, March 15, 2018

My Daughter the Body Builder and Weight Lifter

One of my daughters, Amanda, has been lifting weights off and on for the past couple of years but decided a year ago that she wanted to get serious about it to the point of getting her body ready for competition.

She will be competing in Woman's Physique on March 24th in Syracuse, NY.  I'm in awe of her dedication and hard work.  I could never do what she has done over the past year.  Needless to say we are all proud of her and plan to go to the competition to support her and this dream.

She will be totally shocked when the ENTIRE immediate family walks in wearing matching t-shirts.  The t-shirts were her twin sisters idea and I used my embroidery software and designed them.  Her sisters, nieces and nephews all call her Manda.  I just finished the second of nine t-shirts.

It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the words are embroidered using a gold metallic thread (very much a pain to use by the way).  She originally planned to wear a black bathing suit during the competition so I ordered us all black t-shirts.  Then at the last minute she decided to wear a gold suit.  Although I've not seen it yet, I understand the competition swim suits have a lot of bling using rhinestones and crystals, etc. 

During her training, she was allowed "cheat meals" occasionally.  She would always go to IHOP for their red velvet pancakes and other specialty pancakes.  She and her gym friends came up with a phrase "Pressing Plates for Pancakes".  I couldn't resist but surprise her with a fleece zip-up hoodie designed especially for her.

She LOVED IT!

Hope you all are staying happy and warm (snowed here again today).  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment