Monday, February 13, 2017

Quilting Progress in Small Steps

This will be a short post just to keep you up on my progress with the quilting of the wedding signature quilt. 

The pantograph design I chose to use is called P.S. I Love You, designed by Patricia Ritter of Urban Elementz.  It is available both in a paper version and a digital version.

As for the thread, I chose to use a SO FINE 40wt thread in a variegated green.  I purchase my quilting threads from Superior Threads.  The color is a little brave for me but I wanted the quilting to truly show up in the many open neutral spaces....plus, I don't have tons of color choices in my longarm thread collection.  Simply put, I'm using what I have since I'm on my self-imposed spending freeze.

Oh boy...I love the feeling you get when you see that the end is near!!!

Another angle....

Just had to share a couple of pictures that were texted to me of Ava Jean.  The message I received with this first picture was that Ava's favorite afghan is the one I crocheted for her.

Her first blanket fort....

Keep quilting!  Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment