Sunday, April 8, 2018

Back at Texas Tumbleweeds by Bonnie Hunter

My brain never sits still for a second, in other words, I can't focus on any one single thing for too long. haha

My embroidery machine continues to stay humming fairly non-stop these days as I work on some "just because" gifts and then of course Mother's Day isn't too far away.

I've been itching to do some quilt piecing.  I have a ton of WIP (work in process...or could even be work in pieces :) quilt tops.  All I had to do was go pull a plastic container of one of these projects and get to work.  The closest container and easiest to find contained the start of Bonnie Hunter's Texas Tumbleweeds from the workshop I attended back in October of 2017.

The pattern can be found in her book "MORE ADVENTURES WITH LEADERS AND ENDERS".

Texas Tumbleweeds looks like this (photo taken from her book)....

After looking through my container and figuring out where I had left off when hiding the container months ago, I realized I'm at the tedious stage of drawing center lines on the back of squares. Since I'm a Bonnie devotee I must make use of the "bonus" triangles that can be salvaged from the scraps which means marking the squares not once but twice!!
 
Bonnie has designed and now sells a special little ruler that allows you to make both lines quickly and gives you a common useable size "bonus triangle".  

Let the production line begin!.....

I've got to mark TONS of these little boogers! :)

The youngest daughter requested an Edgar Allen Poe pillow for her sofa.  Embroidery is complete...now to sew borders, back and finish the pillow sham.

Since she loves photography I decided to stitch this up as well and make her a set of sofa pillows....I put my hand in the photo just to show how large this stitched out.  I'm excited to make this one as well.

We've had a little snow every single day this week so I'm still waiting on warmer temperatures to head down into the basement sewing room and get a quilt top loaded on the longarm.

Hope you all have had a productive week!  Happy sewing and quilting (and embroidery)!  

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment