Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Tumbleweeds, Dragons and Seashells, Oh My

Sometimes I'm amazed but most of the time I'm just amused at how scattered and hectic my days end up.  This MUST be the reason my projects are so scattered as well.

Yippee!!  I think I've completed the required amount of a particular block for the Texas Tumbleweed quilt top designed by Bonnie Hunter......I think.....

But alas, I must have miscounted my pieces earlier.  I'm 8 blocks short!!!!  Back to chain piecing we go....

The fun part was being able to use a new toy that my friend Marianne gave me at Christmas.  This is so quick and fun to "cut" apart the long, long train of chain pieced block segments.

I've got my embroidery machine set up on a table to my left, so as I'm piecing, I'm embroidering too!  My grandson Liam keeps asking for me to make him something.  It really is more difficult to find things to make for little boys in comparison to little girls.  He has lots of little, itty, bitty toys and is always in need of a place to keep them sorted and ready to play.

I found this zippered ITH (in-the-hoop) Dragon bag at www.spunkystitches.com 


Thankfully, he LOVED IT!  It's about 10" wide and will hold a ton of dinosaurs.

I also used a free ITH design from www.kreativekiwi.com called Simply Shells to make two different colored sets of seashell coasters for gifts.

Not a bad display of accomplishments considering the scattered way in which they all were completed. :)

What have you been up to this week?

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. “Benjamin was absolutely great to work with. He was extremely clear, thorough and patient as he guided my wife and I through the loan process. He was also very timely and worked hard to make sure everything was ready to go before closing the loan.  
    Mr Benjamin is a loan officer working with a group of investors who help us get funds to buy our new home, You can contact him if you want to get a loan at an affordable low rate of 2% RIO   Email Him On . 247officedept@gmail.com    Or       Whatsapp Chat: + 1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete