Sunday, April 21, 2013

Completed Baby Quilt & Cake!

The fence rail baby quilt is completely finished now...quilted, binding sewn in place...ready to be wrapped and mailed to Yorktown, Virginia for the baby shower in a couple of weeks.

I'm pleased with the quilt and hope the mom-to-be likes it!  I never would have thought to put these colors together for a baby quilt on my own, but I think it's very cute.  It's a good thing I was told what colors to use!  I believe the green floral print that was used in the blocks, then used to back the quilt also, really helps make the overall look more feminine for little Adalyn Emma.


And of course, the cheddar fabric always makes me smile!

Can you see the matching Christmas ornament (using the scraps from the quilt) in the left hand bottom corner? :) :) :)

I used a paint pen and wrote "Adalyn Emma, 1st Christmas, 2013".

Before I close this post, I thought I'd share a super easy and DELICIOUS dessert recipe with you.  It certainly didn't last long at my house...and there were only 3 people home to eat it!!! :) :)

If you like chocolate and cherries...then this is the dessert for you!

1st....Take a 13" x 9" baking dish and spray it with Pam.  Then dump an entire bag of marshmallows inside.


2nd...Take any boxed chocolate cake mix and follow the directions as if you were simply making that cake.   I used a milk chocolate cake mix because that was what was in my cabinet! :) :) :)

Pour the cake batter evenly over the marshmallows.


3rd...Take a can of Cherry Pie Filling and gently spoon and spread (as best you can) on top of the cake batter.


4th...Bake the cake per box instructions or until done (mine took just a smidgen longer to bake than the box said...of course, I may not have let the oven warm up enough before sticking it in either!) LOL


It's funny...the cherries tend to end up in the bottom and the marshmallows end up on top.

5th...To make it pretty and finish the dessert....spread Cool-Whip on top (as the icing on the cake).  If I were serving this to guests, I would have done this....but since it was just for home consumption (LOL), I just let everyone add their own Cool-Whip to their piece whenever they were in the mood to cut themselves a piece.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!  This is SOOOOOO  GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment