Sunday, April 28, 2013

Massachusetts Birthday Blocks soon on their way!

The month of May will be a busy month for those in the Birthday Block Swap.  We have 3 ladies who will be turning a year older.

The first birthday quilter requested her blocks be pieced using "colors with fire" - specifically orange, red, yellows and lime greens.

I did my best...hope I interpreted her wishes correctly.  :)

The first block is called "Chained Star".  Designer:  Sandy Harris of Sundrop Designs


I'm really starting to like all the bright, wilder fabric colors and prints I am using on some of these blocks.

The second block is called "Writer's Block".  Designer:  Diane Harris, Interactive Editor, Quiltmaker


Different...isn't it?  :)

Here are the two blocks side by side....


I need to get back to the sewing machine to work on the other quilter's birthday blocks.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment