Saturday, October 5, 2013

Birthday Blocks headed to North Carolina

I mentioned in an earlier post that I have several sets of birthday blocks to make and send to other quilters celebrating their birthdays during the month of October.

Karyl in North Carolina is the next in line.  Her color requests were burgundy, sage greens, browns and creams as the neutrals if needed.

Here is the first block I made, it's called Blazing Star...designer Eleanor Burns.  The lighting isn't really good...the fabrics are actually brighter than they appear in the photo.


I only had to rip out one seam in order to get it just right. :) :) :)

On the second block, I used the Learning Curve Ruler again with a little twist.  I added a 4-patch block in each corner....


Here are the two blocks together....


It's hard to see but the main burgundy fabric and the darker green was used in both blocks so they will coordinate.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment