Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Log Cabin Wallhanging or Table Topper

Isn't this log cabin adorable?


It finishes at 40" x 40" and is suitable to hang or use as a table topper.  Last year my friend Marianne, my mom and myself all made the same project.  In order to have so many different fabric choices within the design, we shared our cut strips of fabrics with each other!  Good idea...huh????  All the fabrics are Civil War Reproductions.....LOVE them!

This particular one was pieced by my mom.  I've had it for quite some time just waiting to find time to quilt it.

Now that my daughter's basketball season has started (practices at least), I needed to stock up on hand-sewing items to keep me occupied during the many hours of sitting in the car or inside a gym waiting on her.  That means I need to get a nice stack of pieced quilt tops quilted and ready to sew the binding on the back by hand.....in other words....I need to get busy!!!!!


I decided to use a traditional quilting design called Baptist Fans on this tradition Log Cabin.  Actually, the pantograph I used is called "Continuous Baptist Fans" and was purchased online from Urban Elementz.


I couldn't be happier with the finished look!  The photo above shows the back of the quilt.  I decided to back it with a natural muslin.

Thankfully, I was able to get it trimmed and squared up, binding machine attached to the top, and ready to take with me to my daughter's practice last night.

The gym didn't have seating set-up so I ended up sitting in my Jeep...in the dark!  Every fanatical quilter goes prepared for any situation....so....I brought out a battery operated, goose-neck sewing light....attached it overhead to the sun visor....directed the light on my quilt and then I sewed, baby sewed! :) :) :)


Until next time, KEEP SEWING (even in the dark!)

2 comments:

  1. Just caught up with your blog. The birthday girls all love your blocks, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...glad you figured out how to post comments! :)

    ReplyDelete