Saturday, October 12, 2013

Texas Bound Birthday Blocks

Whew!  The last set of birthday blocks needed for the month of October are in the mail heading for Texas.  Hollie requested her blocks be constructed using fabrics in two shades of golds and two shades of greens.

The first block is another Blazing Star by Eleanor Burns.  Since I really like this block, I decided to make it again even though I made it for another October birthday quilter a couple of weeks ago. :)


And as to be expected...this second block was another "playing around with my Learning Curve Ruler".


The two blocks side-by-side.....


Oh how I wish that I had made duplicates of ALL the birthday blocks I've made this year.  (I'm kicking myself at this very moment!) LOL  Had I only thought to do that...I would have ended up with the most beautiful, multi-colored, sampler quilt of my very own. :(  Oh well....at least I get to look forward to receiving my OWN birthday blocks from all the other quilters in a couple of months.  I'm the last quilter on the list, with a birthday in late December. :)

Until next time....happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment