Monday, March 18, 2013

Birthday Blocks Heading to Wisconsin

It's that time again.  The Birthday Block Swap group I'm participating in has only one member with a birthday during the month of March.

Laurie in Wisconsin had requested we make her blocks in Brown, Blue, and Tan or Cream as the neutral.

I had a difficult time mailing off these blocks because I fell in love with them.

This first block is named.....Heartwarming.  It is designed by Pam Buda.


This next block in named.....Old Town Star.  It is designed by Katie Blakesley.


I used the same fabrics to construct both blocks, even if the lighting in the photos looks otherwise.

The patterns and directions for both blocks was found in the Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Collector's Edition, vol. 5.

I need to check the calendar, but I believe there are two birthdays during the month of April.  I've really enjoyed participating in the block swap so far.  It has given me an opportunity to play around and experiment with blocks that otherwise I may have just dreamed about making "one day". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment