Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Presents! I love them!!!

When I met my friend Marianne for our annual Bonnie Hunter quilt workshop trip a few weekends ago...she surprised me with a bag full of beautiful gifts!

Just look at this set of place-mats that she pieced and free motion quilted on her Bailey 13" table top quilting machine!


They are SO pretty and bright!  I LOVE THEM!!!!!!  (Just realized from the photo that I need to go and turn the one on the far right upside down to match the others!) :) :) :)

Here's some close-ups....just look at the free motion quilting of vines, flowers and leaves!  Awesome!!!!


The backs of the place-mats are just as pretty as the fronts....she used two fabrics...same designs but different colored backgrounds....


As if the place-mats were not enough....she also surprised me with a quilting book I had been wishing for since it's release last year....Civil War Sampler by Barbara Brackman.  Remember, I enjoy the history behind quilt blocks...actually, I enjoy history in general!


Do you see the beautiful bracelet I'm wearing in the above photo!  Another gift!  Marianne's daughter, Kim, thought it would be special if she made her mom and me matching bracelets.  It's beautiful!  Thank you Kim!

Thank you Marianne!  It felt like Christmas!!

On a side note....I finished sewing the binding on a table runner made months ago using Civil War Reproduction fabrics...here it is....


Until next time....happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment