Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Trained Husbands

I just have to share this little tidbit of a day in our life.

I asked my husband to stop at a new furniture consignment shop that was advertising a set of six dining room chairs  at a very low price.  Let's just say that over the last "almost 28 years" of  our marriage our everyday dining chairs have dwindled in number and are currently mismatched.

When he came home I could tell he was carrying something....as he came into view it was evident he wasn't bringing me new chairs.  He said I wouldn't have been happy with the chairs as they were not in good shape.  Then he explained that as he was walking through the store to leave, he spotted something.

A Singer 401A....


And a Singer 237 Fashionmate


He got them both for a total of $35.00. Haha

Oh well, I may not be able to sit and eat one day but I have two more vintage machines that I really didn't need this week.

Gotta love him!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart!! I have already told my husband I don't need anymore sewing machines. I'm happy with those I have. My next purchase will be if I ever find the special table that holds a featherweight. But I hear those are a rare find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you in the search for a Featherweight table. If I ever stumble across one I would happily call my collection complete. I've not even come close to finding one yet. Hope we both find one someday!!!

      Delete