Friday, September 2, 2016

Happy Gift Recipients

IT IS FINISHED!  Not only finished, but gifted to my daughter Amanda (on right in the photo below).....

I know I'm repeating myself here but I'm totally in love with this scrappy binding. After folding the quilt I couldn't resist a photo highlighting it!!!!

The backing.  Turquoise is one of her favorite decorating colors so choosing the backing was not a difficult decision.  I'm just happy that this piece was in my stash. I'm TRULY trying not to spend money on anything except necessary and special items.

A more close-up view......

On her full size bed.  She specifically requested a quilt that would hang long over the sides.  At 96" x 96" I dare say this fits the bill.

A different angle........

The free pattern for the above quilt designed by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.com can be found HERE.

Amanda is not the only one happy with a quilt I made.  You may recall several months ago I shared these two baby quilts designed and made by me. They were made for a set of twin girls special to my heart.

I was thrilled to receive these photos from their mom.....

Charley.....

And sister Finley.....

Nothing makes my heart smile more than to see photos like these. To see my pattern for the one with lime green border, click HERE.

I still need to share the pattern of the one with turquoise border. Hopefully I can get on that soon.

Hope you are having a wonderful, creative and productive day!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment