Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Just Another Day in Paradise

I'm starting to feel withdrawals from quilting and sewing.  I started to set up my sewing machine again on the kitchen table to work more on Amanda's quilt...but then learned that everyone would be home again tonight for dinner.  (This is rare so I appreciate every chance I get to have a table full of people sitting around it.) 

Everyone asked for meatloaf, Amanda asked for "macaroni and tomatoes" (using Grandma Babb's home canned tomatoes), and everyone voted for a big bowl of peas to complete the meal.  Supper was extremely tasty if I do say so myself!) :)
 
A little bird told me yesterday that my earlier posts concerning Ray's current home improvement project is causing quite a few belly laughs....bless his heart! :)  I thought you'd enjoy an update.

1)  As you know, on Sunday Ray removed the carpet and padding from the center of the den only. 

2)  On Monday he played a double header softball game after work (on his company team).  I gently reminded him that he isn't as young as he used to be, plus the fact we now have a den with carpet removed from the center of the room could possibly mean he ought to "pass" on the ballgames and work on the den instead.  He assured me that he was still young enough to play ball AND still work on the den.  After returning home from the ball field around 7:30 p.m. (moving mighty slow in my humble opinion), he ate supper then entered the den and removed a 3 ft. x 6 ft. strip of carpet and padding from one side of the room.  By doing so, he proved that he was still capable of playing two softball games and working around the house.....of course, he never said how MUCH he would work on the den...simply that he WOULD do something to the den after the ballgame.  LOLOL

3)  Last night (Tuesday), he comes home after work limping.  He explained "I must have twisted my ankle when that runner slid into my leg on 2nd base...but I did get him OUT."  I then told him about an article on Yahoo that said over 90% of all sports injuries were reported from "middle aged weekend warriors".  He grunted some type of response but I didn't quite catch what he said and he wouldn't repeat it! LOLOLOL 

Having said all of this, somehow he DID manage to remove an additional strip of carpet and padding approximately 3 ft. x 9 ft. before calling it quits for the day.


Now there are only two walls left in the room needing the carpet removed....except for that one little area that the fish tank is sitting on.  He's not quite figured out how he is going to move the fish tank.


Even though my day was filled with routine chores (cooking, laundry, bill paying, etc.), I did manage to experiment with a new crochet pattern for making a preemie sized dress/gown that is completely open down the back and closes using 2 buttons.  I finished it in one evening and plan to make several more for donating through Grandma's Promise.


Until the next chapter....
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment