Monday, June 18, 2012

A Time for Me

This should be fun.  I've created this blog to keep track of my quilting accomplishments (once I have some that is)! LOL  Actually, I've been a quilter for about 20 years but unfortunately, I tend to be one of those people who gives away everything I make and never keep anything for myself.  It's time for a change!!!  I intend to become a tad bit selfish and intend to make beautiful quilts for my own home (along with continuing to make things for my daughters, grandchildren and friends).

Since my memory isn't what it used to be, I also figure that this blog will also act as my sewing/quilting diary. 

I've signed up for quilting workshops, looked through countless quilt books and magazines and have a list of "to-do" projects just waiting to start.

We recently celebrated Mother's Day a few weeks ago.  My husband started my "new found hobby" by giving me a vintage 1953 Singer Featherweight.  I can't believe I didn't really know anything about these wonderful machines until fairly recently....but I'm now HOOKED!  I can't wait to add to my collection.


Actually, I really was spoiled this Mother's Day.  Emily gave me a Willow Tree Twins figurine (symbolizing Emily and her twin sister Amanda), Amanda gave me yarn, balloon, flowers and cute little notepads.  Kirsten gave me a lovely green leather wallet...and of course, the Featherweight!! :) :)

I hope to get it serviced, purring like a kitten and take it to a future quilt workshop coming up in July. 

So....jump on board and keep me accountable!  I'll keep you posted as the excitement unrolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment