Monday, July 16, 2012

Dreaming of Tennessee

Rain, rain....I won't tell you to go away because we need you!

What better way to spend a rainy day than to cut more pieces for my future Tennessee Waltz quilt top.

I've been asked to see what the Tennessee Waltz pattern actually looks like....so here it is....


Here's another example using different colors:


And one last example....as you can see from the photos....the pattern takes on two different over-all looks depending on what fabric you use for one certain piece (it can look more "round" or more "diamond" shaped....all because of one little piece of the puzzle and the fabric you use....isn't it amazing?) :)


Because I don't want to get in any trouble concerning copyright laws, etc.....let me take this moment to give full credit to the book I'm using.

It is published by Quilt in a Day, second printing February 2004, designed by Sue Bouchard, titled Tennessee Waltz Q*U*I*L*T

Now, back to cutting out my pieces. 

I needed to cut (8) 5" strips (selvage to selvage)...


Then I needed to subcut into 64 pairs (or 128 individual) 2 1/2" x 5" rectangles


Next, each pair of rectangles had to be cut on the diagonal.....


Looks like this.....


After all were cut....I then had to sort them by separating and placing them in two "matched sets", right side up....


That was just enough rotary cutting to cause my back to ache! LOL  Now I'll put this project away and rest my back by crocheting some preemie gowns for our Grandma's Promise ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment