Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hello, My Name Is.....

What did I do yesterday?  I made name tags! :)  Let me explain....all participants in the upcoming quilt workshop received an e-mail recently reminding everyone to bring their name tags.  Whoever forgot to do so would have to wear a sticky backed paper name tag.

Well....I don't really know what type of name tag everyone has...and I CERTAINLY didn't want to be the only person there with a terrible paper name tag (LOL)....so I put my thinking cap on and started playing around with my embroidery machine.

Then it dawned on me that if I created a unique name tag for myself....that would leave my poor, poor friend Marianne as probably the only quilter in attendance to be forced to wear a terrible paper name tag....so being the good friend that I am....I knew that if I made myself something I would have to make her something also. LOLOL

Doesn't every quilter save that narrow strip of batting left over from a previous quilt top....just knowing that SOME DAY it will be needed to make something small???



Let the sewing begin.....


Her name is LONG and I was limited on designs to choose from that allowed more space to insert a name....AND after experimenting I realized I had to use a "scrip" font in order to squoosh her name in the spot (unless I made her a name tag that was about 7 inches across :) :) :)

Here is what I came up with for Marianne.  Of course, if she doesn't like it for a name tag, she can always use it as a coaster. :)


Isn't it is adorable?  I really think the design fits her because she enjoys doing hand-piecing and quilting.  I thought the spools of thread, threaded needle and red rick-rack trim suited her perfectly.

As I was starting to sew mine together, I remembered a piece of jewelry that Ray picked up for me at one of the auctions he loves to attend.  It is a sewing machine pin that looks like it may be a Featherweight with little sewing baubles hanging from it.  I believe I'll use it to pin my name tag to my shirt. :)


I made a little boo-boo and messed up the "L" in my last name....oh well, there's no way I'm going to take the time, trouble and supplies needed to do it all over again just because of one little boo-boo! LOLOL

Imagine my shock when I looked up from my sewing machine to see these two faces smiling at me.  Kirsten had a friend over and they were bored.  I guess boredom + makeup = two teenage girls going crazy! :) :)


There's never a dull moment at our house!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment