Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Flying Geese Wallhanging

I've been keeping busy (translation - whenever I have a few minutes in between other chores, I sit down and sew.)  I'm not sure what is happening, but some days "blogger" does not allow me to upload photos and share new blogs....so I'm behind on my posts.  I'm now playing "catch up"....

I pulled out my stash of 2 1/2 inch strips....


Here is a new wallhanging/table runner that I made using about 13 strips from my stash....


This is a variation of a "Flying Geese" block.  It's supposed to look like a flock of geese heading some where.  I purposely used a cheddar orange fabric as my "geese" and also used the same fabric as my binding.  I originally thought about naming this piece "Homeward Bound"....but the orange reminds me of my home state of Tennessee.....so I think I'm going to call this piece "Tennessee Bound" instead. :) :)

I plan to hang this on the wall in my bedroom once I finish the quilt that was started during the workshop I attended in July.  These same fabrics were used in my quilt top.

Before I put away the scraps....I cut the odds and ends I had left over into 2 1/2" squares.....here are the "bonus" squares I ended up with....now stored and labeled for any future project that needs that size squares.


Hopefully, "blogger" will allow me to continue tomorrow with a new "catch-up" post.....see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment