Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I've Rubbed Off On My Mom


I'm so proud of my Mom!  It's kind of funny that she was never a "quilter" even though she is an excellent seamstress and even sewed professionally years ago.  She specializes in fancy, over the top pageant gowns, wedding gowns, etc.....but never spent much time doing simple things like making quilts.  But it looks like I am rubbing off on her!! LOLOL

This 9-Patch quilt she made is completely from leftover scraps of fabrics over the years.  You may not be able to tell from the photo....but it is draped over a Queen sized bed.....and it is dragging the floor all around!!!!!!  It should fit their King sized bed wonderfully and still have lots hanging over. :) :)

Mom and I have always joked about all of our "UFO's" (unfinished objects) around our homes.  I've been doing my best over the past couple of years to change my wicked ways and to actually FINISH my projects....and I must admit that I'm quite proud of myself.  Mom said that I have inspired her (LOL) and so she pulled this 9-Patch out and finished it.

You also may notice that she "tied" the quilt rather than "quilt" it.  Mom really has no desire to do any actual hand or machine quilting....but that's okay because "tying" gets the job done just as well.

I asked if I could have this one....but no....this one she has been promising to Dad....and he won't give it up! :) :)

Here is a photo showing the fabric she used for the back.....


Way to go Mom!!!!  So....do I get the next one????   Please???????  :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment