Thursday, January 17, 2013

Birthday Blocks heading to Missouri

I had SO been looking forward to attending last night's quilt guild meeting.  I wasn't able to attend the December meeting and with all the snow FINALLY melting away over the weekend I was really in the mood to get out of this house.  Frustrating doesn't even begin to adequately describe how I felt when I woke up to find fresh fallen SNOW yesterday...which continued off and on throughout the day.  We had about 4 inches by lunchtime.

UUGGGGG!  I know that this wouldn't have stopped most people....but I'm not most people. :(  I'm a true Southern girl, a Tennessee Hillbilly uprooted and stuck in this foreign land called New York.  PLUS, I have an uncontrollable fear of slipping and falling on ice/snow.  What does all of this mean?  Simply put....if there is one teensy, tiny, itty, bitty, little speck of anything remotely WHITE outside....this little lady is staying home.  And yes, this means that I stay enclosed within these same four walls the majority of each year spent in this place.  If it's a good year, I may get out for good behavior from about May through September.

So, instead of going to the quilt guild meeting last night, I spent the evening in my sewing room piecing together two more Birthday blocks to be sent to a fellow quilter in Missouri.  Now I'm all caught up with the two birthday girls in January.  I have a few weeks before I need to send two more blocks to a quilter in Nevada whose birthday is mid-February.

Teresa in Missouri requested her blocks be made with Red, Blue, Tan and/or Creams.

I'm trying to use this opportunity to experiment and make new patterns....not sure how long that idea will last. LOLOL

This pattern is the Walking Star.....


This pattern is called Nelson's Victory....


Once again...the blocks where constructed using scraps in my stash.

That's it for now....I'm sure I need to go do SOMETHING to this house. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment