Tuesday, January 22, 2013

No Greater Compliment


I can think of no greater compliment than when you make a gift for a friend and they actually like it enough to display in their home!  I can only think of one other quilt I made for a friend that is hanging in her home.  MANY years ago, when I didn't even know how to quilt and was just learning, I made a quilt for my friend Lisa.  It was so long ago that I "tied" the quilt together...but she loved it regardless.  I was able to visit her in Ohio a couple years ago and I was truly shocked to see that the quilt was hanging on a wall in her guest bedroom.  I need to ask her to take a photo of it.  Now I take photos of everything I make so I can keep a photo memory book of my projects.

If you have been following this blog, I'm sure you remember when I made this quilt for my friend Marianne for her 45th Wedding Anniversary.

Did you notice the beautiful wood frame from which the quilt is hanging????  Would you believe that Marianne's multi-talented husband George MADE this so she could hang the quilt!!!!!!!!!!  Isn't it just beautiful!!!!

Hummm....I wonder if he's thought about starting a home business.  If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll put a bug in his ear. :) :)

Now that I think about it...I can only think of one other quilt I made for a friend that is hanging in her home.  MANY years ago, when I didn't even know how to quilt and was just learning, I made a quilt for my friend Lisa.  It was so long ago that I "tied" the quilt together...but she loved it regardless.  I was able to visit her in Ohio a couple years ago and I was truly shocked to see that the quilt was hanging on a wall in her guest bedroom.  I need to ask her to take a photo of it to add to my collection.  In my early days of quilting, I didn't always remember to take photos of my completed projects. :(

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment