Saturday, February 9, 2013

Birthday Blocks going to Australia!

Only two ladies in our Birthday Block swap group have February birthdays. Chris's birthday is not until February 28, but since she lives in Australia, I need to get these in the mail much earlier than I normally would.

Chris's fabric color choices are black, grey, red, and white.

This first block is a Bonnie Hunter pattern called Ceiling Fan.  Her directions made an 8 1/2" unfinished block so I just did the math and enlarged my pieces to make the needed 12 1/2" unfinished block.


The second block pattern is called Buzz Saw....


I don't recall ever working much with this color combination (if at all) and I find it very striking.  In fact, I like it so much, and it's so different from colors I've ever used...I may just start making an extra odd block in these colors for myself as I experiment and make new block patterns.

We had a big snow storm yesterday and during the night, and it's still snowing.  It's Saturday and I think I'm going to treat myself to a "sew-in weekend". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment