Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Switch It Up with some Embroidery


I found a project I had started last year and never finished...or as they say in the quilting world...another UFO!  I had experimented with my embroidery machine and made the 6 pink blocks...4 with different flowers, 1 with a cardinal and 1 with a birdhouse.  I pulled 4 fat quarters from my stash and cut the squares to sew into a border that surrounds each of the center embroidered blocks.

Now I need to find another fabric to use as a wider border and finish it as a baby quilt.  This one is certainly not gender neutral...it's very girly.  Oh well, once it's finished, I'll put it away for a future baby shower gift most likely.

I keep my fat quarters neatly stacked in a plastic container.  After pulling out what I needed for this project, I must have forgotten to put the lid back on top.  I turned around and found a little visitor that had made herself right at home in the middle of the fabric....my spoiled rotten little baby girl, Talia, a 4 pound Mi-Ki.  She is my precious little shadow and I love her to pieces!  It's hard to believe my baby is already 8 years old and will be 9 in December.  My goodness, time sure does fly....WAY TOO FAST!


I finished up all the Easter Table Runners from the other day...ended up making 6 total...and they all have homes already. :) :)  One of the six had already been taken by one of my daughters before I could even get a picture of them all together. :(  Oh well...you can at least see five! :)


I also put together a few more blocks for another project....


My living room floor needs to be mopped this morning...but afterwards I'm sure I'll have to "rest" by retreating to my sewing oasis.

No comments:

Post a Comment